Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 29 - Chicken Stock

I've been making chicken stock a lot this year - first with bones from a roasted chicken, then I moved up to using a store-bought raw chicken...but the cookbook says that using a whole chicken is best. The week we got back, I got up the courage to ask Justin, the farmer/butcher at the Oranmore market, if I could get a "whole chicken" from him the next week. He and his uncle were amused and made sure we had no misunderstanding...a whole chicken? - head and feet on? Yep, I'll try it once, I told them - it may be the first and last time...

I'm posting these pictures of my cooking adventure for three reasons:
1. So Jill can see what she's done to me.
2. So my mom can see how far I've come using mind over matter. (Just a year ago, eating a drumstick was unappetizing 'cause I didn't like eating chicken on the bone.)
3. For the shock value, defined as "the potential of an image, text, or other form of communication to provoke a reaction of disgust, shock, fear, or similar negative emotion."

I WARN YOU, SERIOUSLY, IF YOU HAVE A QUEEZY STOMACH, ARE A VEGETARIAN, OR HAVE A PET CHICKEN, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN - YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WANT TO SEE THIS.









My spectators enjoyed the show!


Good and good for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment