Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 10 - part three

Dancing around a broom is an old tradition in Ireland. If you're interested in Irish dancing, I found a website that explains and shows the different types of Irish dance www.hoilands.com/faq.htm



After the session, the musicians spread out around the room and let the kids try their instruments. I asked Aaron which he'd like to try, and he had no hesitation - the whistle! Could it be genetic? I (Sarah) have always loved Irish music and, though I have no trace of Irish blood in me, chose to have the Irish whistle played at our wedding. - Thanks again, Micah Lother! -
I just might have Aaron take lessons!


Don't blink your ears, or you'll miss it, but I think he may have just played a little reel! ;)

What a fun afternoon! That's it for the kids trad session, hope you had a little fun with it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment